Thursday, September 3, 2009

Where Are We Coming From?

Ahh September and Fall is in the air in Upstate New York. My favorite time of year. Apples are crisp. Leave are looking to turn. The geese are forming Vs and flocking.

Well. I've gotten poked at a few times this week, both on-line and in person. So. Where Are We Coming From? Again. This Installation is not an anti-war rant. That's the wrong mindset. It's pro-Peace - it its many forms and very much where YOU are coming from in YOUR life. I am very sensitive to the guys and gals whose blood seeps into the sands of Iraq and Afganistan. Peaceniks in the 60's made the error of attacking the soldiers and not the premise of war. Peace can be sought without anger and rage. We're telling what we feel with our calligraphy and art.

Let me pound a stake in the ground. Clarify. I hope I'm not your worst nightmare. I'm an older, white, male, Republican, Missouri Synod Lutheran, Yankee, Veteran (4 years, enlisted during Vietnam, overseas duty in Korea) with a bunch of grandchildren. And I advocate Peace. I think most wars are stupid. I think that once in a while we need to pick the rifle up and go help someone out. But I hope and pray daily that wiser heads prevail. I pray that my government (past and current) seeks Peace more than confrontation. I pray that the kid with the gun in my City calms down and does not use it tonight. I pray that the husband does not take his job loss out on his wife. I pray that I too can find Peace in MY HEART for all those I meet and those I have yet to meet. I'm a 59 year old work in progress.

Peace. It need not be tangled up in other issues. Seek it. If you're religious, pray for it. Talk about it. Then do it up on a 5"x20" piece of paper and contribute it. Your thought - with many others.

How powerful.

Calligraphy Guild in Michigan is on-board.
Sheila Waters is on-board.
Will you contribute?

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment