Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just Under 100 ...

There are two or three listings of Calligraphy Guilds on the web. I opened two and began to go through them, looking for active Guilds in the US and Canada. This, to send them snail mail copies of the invite to participate in the Art Installation. Wow. Just under 100 Guilds across North America that seem active. More than I imagined. There were more than a few that have disbanded and that is a lesson on keeping your Guild healthy.

"But Mike, why not email it?" Well ... I sent an email to the nice folks in the Calligraphy Society of Arizona - and the stinkin' little electrons burped and compressed it all into one big word! Yeah, there's times I'm just a Ludite, so there! Apology to Joyce Bank, out West.

Starting to hear replies. Hamilton Guild (Ontario, Canada) said that they were on-board a while back. They're just around Lake Ontario from us. Warmland Calligraphers of the Cowichhan Valley (British Columbia, Can.) has also responded. Not around the corner from us. And ... the lovely Linnea Lundquist of California is on-board. Apparently I've go to send Ward Dunham, her hubby a postcard to get Ward's attention. Ward's got the best Blackletter around.

Still waiting on my appointment to finalize the Venue. Patience. Patience Michael. How's YOUR design coming? Email me and tell me how it looks. I can be had on the Cyberscribes on Yahoo Groups. Fall is here. Me and my colored pencils are going out to sketch some leaves. Peace all.

Mike

Peace, to have meaning for many who have only known suffering in both peace and war, must be translated into bread or rice, shelter, health and education, as well as freedom and human dignity. Ralph Johnson Bunche (1904-1971 American political scientist and diplomat who received the 1950 Nobel Peace Prize)

No comments:

Post a Comment