Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Journey Begins ...

The Project. I have approval from the Fire Marshall. Now for a formal presentation to the Venue owner and his Manager. Thanks to Fiona from down under for assistance in the Blog start up. Ahhh technology. I'm working toward compiling a list of my own PEACE sayings. There's more anti-War stuff than "Peace." Oh, have I said that yet? This exhibition will be along the lines of Peace rather than anti-War. From the PROPOSAL:

"I’ll shift the focus a bit for this version of the installation. Words For Peace. That’s the theme: PEACE - in all of its forms and manifestations. Peace on earth, Peace to mankind. Peace between peoples, between countries, races, and religions. Peace of the Spirit. Peace of God. Give Peace a Chance. Peace of Mind … take it where you will. So think Peace. "


Personal. I guess that I thought when I was 18, that by my late 50’s, I’d be cast in stone. My religion. My politics. My ethics. My ability to learn and to change. I was wrong. It’s all still fluid. Would I enlist in the Army for 4 years like I did in 1970? Probably. I’m still patriotic and believe in the rule of law and country. But this young nation has been involved in some 40 plus conflicts. I’d love to see peace in my lifetime. I’d love for my Grandson not to be faced with the choice of going to war.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.”
President John F. Kennedy

Ted Kennedy died this morning. Last of his generation of Kennedys.

No comments:

Post a Comment