Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What I told the Washington, DC Guild

I feel the need to clarify a few items.

First I am neither the best nor the most prolific calligrapher in our Guild. But I can REALLY organize. As Thomas Ingmire did, I want to bring this installation together because I believe in it. In the end it will not be my installation. I do not intend for my name to be on it. It will be the sum of so many people and their skills and their hearts. It will be the sum of many parts. It will be a living, breathing piece of art. I've heard the term "People's Art." I hope that this goes in that direction.

So it's not Mike's. It's not our Guild's. I am hoping that it will have a National and a World flavor to it. And that it will cross ethnic, religious, gender and age lines.

(can you believe all of this? my son cannot. peter is a liberal, democrat, vegan, artist and dad is a republican, conservative, carnivore working in research - he cannot believe that this project is coming out of dad. you really cannot pigeon hole the old man. ;) )

Yours,
Mike up in Rochester

No comments:

Post a Comment