Monday, February 1, 2010

FEBRUARY!

I have been reminded by a friend that I have not been posting. My bad.

It's been Christmas and grandchildren and work and an operation ... and life. I hate it when life gets in the way of your passion. It's been a hard winter in Upstate New York. Very cold. It's 21 deg F (-6 C) right now and not expected to get any warmer.

Braodsides have begun to trickle in. I expect the bulk as we get closer to April. It's time to poke the owner of the Venue again to see how that's coming. We hope to have a sample of the exhibit for the Odyssey Calligraphy Conference in Boston, Mass. this July.

As soon as I have a fair selection of braodsides that come in, I'll photograph and post the pictures. This is a very visual town - home of the Eastman Kodak Company (where I work) and every kid grows up with a camera in their hand. So, photos as soon as I can.

Greetings from my Guild - The Genesee Valley Calligraphy Guild. Wonderful crew of folks. And I suspect that the Greater Rochester Penmanship and Calligraphy Club (who dabble more in the Ornamental Penmanship area) also says "Hi".

Come on guys. Let's see the broadsides begin to roll on in. If you feel moved to do more than one. Wonderful! If you child or spouse wants to. Wonderful!

Gotta go. Work. Kodak calls.

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike

    My down-under broadsides are underway and my husband is joining in as well - he does rust n stuff which will make for a slightly different one! We hope to send soonish...

    Go well and in peace

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete